Post Workout Recovery Checklist
Follow these simple tips after any hard run, workout or race to ensure optimal recovery.
- Keep moving! After your final rep or at the end of a long run or race, make sure to do a light cool-down run or extended walk.
- Wrap yourself in something warm, such as a towel or a dry shirt.
- Rehydrate with water and/or a sports drink immediately after you finish.
- Eat a small snack consisting of a few hundred easily digestible calories, ideally containing a three-to-one carbohydrate-to-protein ratio.
- Change into more supportive footwear for the rest of the day.
- Wear compression socks or tights to help increase circulation and flush metabolic waste from your muscles.
- Eat a full meal within two to four hours.
Source: Competitor Magazine.
For more tips on how to get the most out of your fitness routine, meet our fitness specialists, call us at (847) 535-7000 or contact us.